Utilizing high quality components and advanced software algorithms, it offers many unique features including:
- The camera features a class leading Xvision Pixel+ lens for High Quality Insurance Approved 170° Pillar to Pillar viewing angle
- Latest imaging sensor for clearer images, day or night
- 5m (optional extension leads available) plug & play cable connects directly to the recorder.
- The camera receives power directly from the recorder and both power and video are carried through the same discreet cable for extra convenience and superior reliability.
- Adjustable recording rate from 1 fps to 25 fps (Real Time)
- Flexible recording modes:
- Event - records whenever an incident/accident is detected by the unit's built in Shock Sensor (G-Sensor), when the Emergency/Panic Button is pressed, and/or when an Alarm Input is activated
- Protected Event - in this mode event recordings can be protected, preventing them from being overwritten even if the SD card is full and in overwrite mode
- Continuous - records all the time and bookmarks the recording whenever the Shock Sensor detects an incident/accident
- Parking - in addition to the above modes, the unit can be optionally set to record all the time when the vehicle is stationary for longer than 5 minutes or is parked up (the unit must be wired to a permanent power feed to record when vehicle is parked).
- Overwrite function for First In First Out loop recording in 10 minute sections
- Pre and Post Incident/Accident recording, so events leading up to and after an accident are not missed, even when not recording in Continuous mode
- Records audio directly from the recorders built in microphone, from an optional external microphone, or from cameras with built in microphones
- Audio can be set to record only when the Emergency/Panic Button is pressed
- Password protected recordings prevent unauthorized access of recordings and data on the SD card
Playback & Analysis:
- GPS receiver by UBLOX, the worlds leading manufacturer of GPS receivers, ensures the highest accuracy for vehicle location and speed
- Full Google Maps, Google Earth and Google Street View Integration
- Embedded 256 level Bosch G-Sensor for accurate reporting of G Force levels present in an incident/accident.
- Records Driving Style, by continuously monitoring the effect of speed, acceleration, braking and steering on the vehicle.
- 31 day Vehicle Tracking History, showing vehicle location, speed and driving style.
- Built-in battery back up allows the unit to finish recording even if the power supply is interrupted during an incident/accident.
- Supplied with a hard wired Remote Control which can be used to control the system when used with a monitor.
- The Remote Control also has an Emergency/Panic Button. This can be used to trigger recording of an incident/accident and send an instant notification via a Telematics or Tracking unit if connected.
- The Remote Control has a Visual Driving Style Indicator LED, which automatically illuminates when poor driving is detected.
Alarm Inputs & Outputs:
- 3 Alarm Inputs are provided on the recorder. These can be used for:
- Vehicle Actions - By connecting the alarm inputs to the vehicles indicator lights and brake lights, it is possible to see when or if the driver indicated or used the brakes.
- Other Devices - It is also possible to connect third party devices like Taxi Fare Meters or Panic Buttons. So when recordings are played back it is possible to check if these were used or /triggered recordings.
- An Alarm Output is provided (special order option, call for details). This is triggered whenever the unit detects an incident/accident via its shock sensor, when the Alarm Inputs are activated, or when the Emergency/Panic button is pressed. This output can be connected to external devices like an audible Alarm, or to a Telematics or Tracking unit so that a real time notification of the incident/accident can be sent instantly.
Smart Witness Cloud Service:
- Provided free with the SVC401GPS
- Allows recorded data to be transferred safely and securely to anyone, anywhere in the world, instantly.
- Drastically reduces the time needed to send recordings of an incident/accident to an Insurer, Broker, Fleet Manager or other interested party.
- Modular Design
- The camera supplied is as small as a Golf Ball and has an adjustable bracket
- The recorder is almost the same size as a packet of cigarettes and very lightweight and robust.
- The recorder is small enough to hide in a glove box or lock in a boot. This keeps recordings and the cameras separate, increasing security, and keeping recordings safe, even if the cameras are tampered with or stolen.
- Additional mounting options for the Recorder are available. Using the optional Mounting Bracket or Tamper Resistant Locking Case
- E-mark, EMC, CE and FCC approved for extra piece of mind
- VOSA Compliant
- TfL and Local Authority* approved
- Data Protection Act compliant, court admissible recordings.
- Approved and Recommended by leading Insurers
- Designed in house by our experienced R&D team and manufactured in our own state of the art facilities, the Smart Witness product range is the most reliable on the market, with a failure rate of less than 0.002%
- Qualifies for Insurance Premium Discounts (contact your insurer/broker for details)
- No on-going subscription fees or other charges
- Connects directly to a Telematics or Tracking unit for instant notification of Incidents/Accidents
- FREE 'Smart Witness CCTV In Use' Sticker
- FREE Software/Firmware Updates
- FREE USB SD Card Reader
- 2 Year Worldwide Warranty
|1||4 Camera Recorder (Model: SVC400GPS)|
|1||Remote Control (with integrated Emergency/Panic Button|
|1||High Speed SD Memory Card|
|1||Adhesive Pads for mounting Recorder|
|1||Power & Connection Cables for Recorder|
|1||USB SD Card Reader|
|1||Smart Witness Analysis Software for Windows|
|1||'Smart Witness CCTV In Use' Sticker|
|Internal Camera with 5m cable (Model: SVA041-S)|
FREE MICROPHONE INCLUDED